Providing the Highest Level of Professional Service
The Code of Ethics sets forth standards of conduct and professional integrity that are the hallmarks of the REALTOR® profession. To meet their obligations to clients, customers, the public and each other, REALTORS® pledge to:
- To protect the individual right of real estate ownership and to widen the opportunity to enjoy it.
- To be honorable and honest in all dealings.
- To seek better to represent clients by building knowledge and competence.
- To act fairly towards all, in the spirit of the Golden Rule.
- Serve well the community and country.
- Observe the REALTORS® Code of Ethics.
January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2021
NAR’s Board of Directors approved a change to the Code of Ethics training requirement, extending it from every two years to every three years. This extends the current cycle deadline from Dec. 31, 2020, to Dec. 31, 2021.
REALTORS® are required to complete ethics training of not less than 2 hours, 30 minutes of instructional time. The training must meet specific learning objectives and criteria established by the National Association of REALTORS®. View all courses below.
Training may be completed through local REALTOR® associations or through another method, such as home study, correspondence, classroom courses, or online courses. Read the consequences for failing to complete Code of Ethics training.
Read the full article HERE.